Sunday, August 26, 2018, 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
St. Bart's Speaks Up - Letter Writing
Immigration Action Event - August 26, 2018 at 12:30 pm in Room 33.
Host: Kathy McKenzie.
Suggested donation: $1 per postcard.
Bring your lunch and join others in writing postcards to federal representatives about specific legislation regarding immigration policy.
Speak Up about the separation of families, advocate for asylum seekers, defend “temporary protected status,” support dreamers and reforming our immigration policies.
This program will include a brief video from the EPPN website about immigration and the Episcopal Church stance on this issue. Share your immigration story and participate in St. Bart’s social media campaign “My people came from . . . ” because all of us are descendants of people who came from somewhere else.
Optional follow-up actions: support organizations that help immigrants.
- Support KIND – Kids in Need of Defense: https://supportkind.org/about/
- Support Human Rights First: https://www.humanrightsfirst. org/donate
- Support RAICES or become a volunteer: https://www.raicestexas.org/
- Support CARA: http://caraprobono.org/ partners/
- Support The Legal Aid Society’s Immigration Law Unit (ILU): https://www.legalaidnyc.org.
- Participate in a voter registration drive – Voter registration deadline in New York is October 12, 2018. Information about voter registration here.