December 3, 2023
The First Sunday of Advent
Today's readings: Isaiah 64:1–9, Psalm 80:1–7, 16–18, 1 Corinthians 1:3–9, Mark 13:24–37
8 am (Chapel) Holy Eucharist
Our earliest service on Sundays, the 8 am service offers a quiet, traditional service with a sermon and no music. The order of service follows the traditional Rite I language of the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer.
9 am (Church) Holy Eucharist
Join us for an intimate celebration of holy communion, held in the round, that emphasizes congregational singing and fresh, new ways of talking about God and the life of faith. St. Bart's Singers offer musical leadership. Download the leaflet here.
10 am The Forum: The Spectacular
Author Fiona Davis delves into the history of the Radio City Rockettes and their famous Christmas Spectacular, now in its ninetieth year, as she introduces her novel The Spectacular.
10 am (Community House) Activity Hour for Children, Youth, and Families
11 am (Church) Holy Eucharist
- With St. Bartholomew’s Choir and St. Bartholomew's Choristers
- Download our worship leaflet to follow along (available on Friday). Printed copies are available at the service, or, as an eco-friendly option, a QR code of the worship leaflet is accessible at the entrance to the Church.
- The 11 am service will also be livestreamed. Additional info here.
- To add a name to the prayer list, please fill out a prayer request form.
Join us for more in-person and virtual gatherings
- Coffee Hour in the Great Hall at 12:15 pm
- Advent Fair for all ages, 12:15–2 pm in the Great Hall
- Virtual Coffee Hour, 12:30 pm via Zoom
- Architectural Tour offered immediately after church (meet in the chancel)
- Living Christ Sangha meditation practice, 3–4:30 pm via Zoom. All are welcome.
- See our weekly eNews with information for online gatherings and classes this week.
5 pm Advent Lessons and Carols
Our combined choirs offer Advent carols and anthems in alternation with readings of the beautiful prophecies of the coming of Christ. Download the worship leaflet here.