October 9, 2022: The Eighteenth Sunday after Pentecost
Masks are now optional within the church and Community House. We continue to welcome masks for those who feel more comfortable wearing them. We strongly encourage full vaccination against COVID-19 (including the new booster) and vaccination against the seasonal flu, but no longer require proof of vaccination.
8 am (Chapel) Holy Eucharist
Our earliest service on Sundays, the 8 am service offers a quiet, traditional service with a sermon and no music. The order of service follows the traditional Rite I language of the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer. The Reverend Meredith Ward, Associate Rector for Pastoral Care, will preach.
9 am (Church) Holy Eucharist
An intimate celebration of holy communion, held in the round, that emphasizes congregational singing and fresh, new ways of talking about God and the life of faith. St. Bart's Singers offer musical leadership. View today's readings. The Reverend Stephanie Sellers, Assisting Priest, will preach. Download the leaflet here.
10 am Activity Hour for Children Youth and Families (Community House)
StoryMakers: Arts, crafts, and drama for grades K–5 (Room 52)
Youth at the Center: Discussion, games, faith exploration (and donuts!) for grades 6–12. (Room 33)
10 am The Forum
New York Focus: A Clocer Look at Our City and State
Akash Mehta, Editor-in-Chief of journalism start-up New York Focus, reflects on the fight for criminal justice reform, the implementation of a new climate law, and other issues facing our city and our state.
11 am (Church) Choral Eucharist (In-Person and Online)
- With St. Bartholomew’s Choristers and Kids’ Church (K-5)
- Download our worship leaflet to follow along (available on Friday). Printed copies are available at the service, or, as an eco-friendly option, a QR code of the worship leaflet is accessible at the entrance to the Church.
- The Reverend Stephanie Sellers, Assisting Priest, will preach. View today's readings.
- Congregational singing, along with St. Bartholomew's Choir.
- The 11 am service will also be livestreamed. Additional info here.
- To add a name to the prayer list, please fill out a prayer request form.
Join us for In-Person and Virtual Gatherings After the 11 am Service:
- Virtual Coffee Hour following our 11 am Live Stream Service, 12:15-1:15 pm. All are welcome to join the discussion via Zoom.
- Coffee Hour on the Terrace
- Children Youth and Families Lunch at 12:15 pm in Room 33
- Peace Book Club at 1:30 pm on Zoom
- LGBTQ+ Virtual Community Brunch at 2 pm on Zoom.
- Living Christ Sangha meditation practice, 3–4:30 pm via Zoom. All are welcome
See our weekly eNews with information for online gatherings and classes this week.
5 pm (Chapel) Contemplative Eucharist
Join us for an intimate service of holy communion in our candlelit chapel. At this service, rhythms of silence, singing, scripture, and prayer are woven together into an intimate hour of spiritual renewal — the perfect way to end the weekend and prepare for the week ahead. The Reverend Meredith Ward, Associate Rector for Pastoral Care, will preach.